Monday, January 28, 2008

SHORT PERFORMANCE



The things that I will consider for my short performance are as follow:

1. The role of the character
2. The relationship between characters

3. Intonations and gesture

4. Settings


The first thing I would consider is my own role. I have to know who am I in the play, a teacher? Student? Animal? I also will think about the character’s background, high educated? Low social economic status? Traditional woman?

The second thing that I will consider is my relationship with other characters. Are you friends? Father and daughter? Enemy? Because all these details will lead to how I perform, they will determine the intonation of my speeches and all my gesture on the stage.

Well, setting also plays an important role in making a play a success. The setting will help me to get into the right atmosphere of the play. For example, the performance at beach or at school will affect the tone of my speech.

The practice given by Prof Madya Dr.Edwin in the class was a good experience to me. I remember when he asked for something interesting, my mind was blank, and the only setting I can think about is beach. When he said his previous students think of toilet and some act the role as chicken, I was so surprise. So, I think creativity should also be one of the characteristic of a performer. Yes, good script always brings better show but the script is something lifeless; the performers are those who make it lively. Without some creative performers, an interesting script might turns to be bored and dull.

No comments: